Hi Ginette. I lost my phone a week after my first date with Kevin. I had talked to him the night before and he said, "Call me tomorrow when you're done with your meetings. I want to see you." And then I lost my phone. I didn't want him to think I was blowing him off. So I looked up his number on facebook...luckily he had it there, and I called him from my roommate's phone.
Moral of my story: Find his number and call him. You just don't know what may come of it. ;) And he'll appreciate the effort, even if it might be a little awkward. But you're clever and skillful, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Tess! I love hearing from you! So, the more awkward part of this situation is that we aren't friends on Facebook, or if we are, and I'm pretty sure we're not, I can't find him! His name is so generic, and there are 50 million of them. And I don't know his last name . . . Man, I'm going to have some sweet stories for my kids.
So I keep looking on Facebook, and checking out all these pictures in hopes that I'll recognize him, but I can't tell! How random would that be if I e-mailed someone and was like, "Hey, did you ask me out for tonight? Well, I lost my phone. E-mail me." Oh man.
I hope he can take a shot to the gut. It's not looking promising. I don't have his e-mail address, and I have no idea which ward he's in. And I'm trying to G-chat with people right now because I couldn't do much about it at work today. I've talked to him maybe three times—ever. The only thing I remember about him is that he works for the DOJ or DOD. I can't believe I'm about to stand someone up!
Update: The person that had my phone dropped it off right before the date! I didn't think I would get my phone back from in time because he was supposed to be counseling people all evening, but somehow it worked out.
Fortuitously, my date was at the temple (which is really close to my house) when I called him back. He got my message, and we were still able to go! I'm so lucky. And tonight would have been another crazy experience if the phone loss had been more permanent. Crisis averted!
8 comments:
Hi Ginette. I lost my phone a week after my first date with Kevin. I had talked to him the night before and he said, "Call me tomorrow when you're done with your meetings. I want to see you." And then I lost my phone. I didn't want him to think I was blowing him off. So I looked up his number on facebook...luckily he had it there, and I called him from my roommate's phone.
Moral of my story: Find his number and call him. You just don't know what may come of it. ;) And he'll appreciate the effort, even if it might be a little awkward. But you're clever and skillful, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Tess! I love hearing from you!
So, the more awkward part of this situation is that we aren't friends on Facebook, or if we are, and I'm pretty sure we're not, I can't find him! His name is so generic, and there are 50 million of them. And I don't know his last name . . . Man, I'm going to have some sweet stories for my kids.
Email address? Or find someone in his ward to look up his number on their ward website.
So I keep looking on Facebook, and checking out all these pictures in hopes that I'll recognize him, but I can't tell! How random would that be if I e-mailed someone and was like, "Hey, did you ask me out for tonight? Well, I lost my phone. E-mail me." Oh man.
I hope he can take a shot to the gut. It's not looking promising. I don't have his e-mail address, and I have no idea which ward he's in. And I'm trying to G-chat with people right now because I couldn't do much about it at work today. I've talked to him maybe three times—ever. The only thing I remember about him is that he works for the DOJ or DOD. I can't believe I'm about to stand someone up!
Update?
Absolutely.
Update: The person that had my phone dropped it off right before the date! I didn't think I would get my phone back from in time because he was supposed to be counseling people all evening, but somehow it worked out.
Fortuitously, my date was at the temple (which is really close to my house) when I called him back. He got my message, and we were still able to go! I'm so lucky. And tonight would have been another crazy experience if the phone loss had been more permanent. Crisis averted!
*"from him"
Post a Comment