Monday, June 20, 2011

On Growing Strong

"I can do hard things." I saw that every day for probably a year when I shared a room with Lynn Smart. I didn't realize the power of seeing a printed word consistently. Andrea Bassett told me that she thought of that quote the other day too. We both laughed and said, "that one above Lynn's desk!"

This may sound strange because breakups are hard, but I love what I'm learning from this. I love that it's hard. I love that it hurts. I love that I can see growth in myself. I love that I feel stronger. I love that I lost my phone at the most poignant time and had to grapple (verb: to come to grips with) with everything alone with God. I'm seeing again in myself that I can do hard things. And after this, I will be able to do even harder things.

No comments: