Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Movin' to the Country: Gonna Eat a Lot of Peaches

We're moving! I knew this day would come some day, and August 4 is that day. Melissa, Lynn, and I are moving to Virginia (gonna eat a lot of peaches). The house is a little highfalutin for me, but it's time to change. Seven girls, four and a half bathrooms, two blocks from metro, one stop from DCA, one year until state residency—cheaper graduate tuition, and walking distance from everything. Plus, I don't have a car, so no property tax for me. And I'm getting away from Maryland's ridiculous locality tax.

Change is healthy and good and inevitable. Sayonara, Maryland! I will miss you.

Updated life plan:
  • Work for a year and save like a banshee (noun: a female spirit in Gaelic folklore whose appearance or wailing warns a family that one of them will soon die). Yeah, I don't know what they save like.
  • Stop working next July, and convince Andrea to travel Asia for two months. I'm going to find my soul; I'm pretty sure it's in Nepal.
  • Graduate school in August of 2012.
Life is good.

3 comments:

abassett said...

I'm in. Let's start in Thailand. Since when did you update your blog, missy?! This is AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Ha! Are you shocked or what. Who knew I could blog consistently?

abassett said...

Only you!!! :)