Saturday, October 27, 2007

Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

I was tagged by my older sister, Chantal.


Six Facts about myself:

1. I want to ride a camel and an elephant some day.
2. I can turn my innie belly button into an outie. (Chantal, you probably didn't even know that one!)
3. I have commitment problems.
4. I'm extremely gullible.
5. I had surgery on my lip.
6. I like to be crazy; The bus system in El Sal is run privately by individuals that can get a hold of a beat up, old school bus from the United States. Bus owners ruthlessly compete for customers. The way it works is one guy drives like a maniac while the other guy jumps off at the bus stops to recruit potential patrons. (You should see these guys jumping off while the bus is speeding down the road. It's gotta become an Olympic sport one of these days.) At times, it can be chaotic on the sidewalks when recruiters are trying to shout above their competitors.

The guys that owned the bus Sadie and I got onto that night tricked us; they told us they were going to our stop when they really weren't going directly there. After an hour and a half, Sadie and I were the only ones left on the bus. I was getting really bored, and I was tired after a full day of work, so I just wanted to get home. Eventually, I decided that since there was nothing we could do about our situation, I wanted a good laugh. I told Sadie to get ready with her camera because I had a sweet plan. I decided to ask the guy if I could jump off the bus with him and yell at potential customers to get on his bus. I figured he couldn't say no from a business perspective because how could a white girl jumping off the bus as a recruiter not attract attention in a diversity-less country? So this kid who was younger than me smirked and told me what to say to the customers when I jumped off.

I think Sadie had the best time laughing, but I had the second best time just hanging out of the door with the wind in my face and jumping off the bus before it stopped and yelling at the people on the sidewalk. The expressions of the El Salvadorians was just what I was hoping for--they were totally at a loss of what to do. It was worth the memory and worth the laughs.

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

It is true that I did not know about you being able to turn your innie into an outie. Pretty impressive considering you are not even pregnant.

Commitment issues - check

Surgery on lip...had forgotten about that one - a long time ago right? or am I confusing you with Ethan?

Gullible - extremely check :)

I've got the riding on the elephant thing done but we'll have to set a goal to go to Egypt one of these days for the camel one - go to some pyramids or something.

As for the crazy part, dancing in the grocery store says it all.

Unknown said...

Since when did you ride on an elephant!?! I'm so jealous. I'm all about the Egypt excursion! Let's convince Vince to go with us and protect us.

Yeah, up to this point only the girls from El Salvador knew that little piece of belly button information. I thought hard to offer you something new.

Commitment issues--yeah. What need I say more?

Inside my lip, a while ago.

Life would have never been the same for you if I hadn't been gullible. I almost shared the spit story.

If I remember correctly, I wasn't the only one dancin' it up in the grocery store that night . . . maybe what you're thinking about is when I was dancing near the checkout lane while chucking a loaf of bread at you.

Chantalita said...

Oh yes, I have truly derived a great deal of joy in my life from your gullible nature. My yearly engagements wouldn't be nearly as fun without you. And the spit story...still makes me laugh every time I think about it. Seriously, I think being gullible should be considered a talent for the joy it gives to others :)

Elephant...ummm...Thailand. Check out my pictures from Thailand on facebook.

Lets go to Egypt one of these years.

Dancing in the grocery store...good times. I love it!!