So I'm getting a job. I'm pretty excited about it. It's hard to find a paid editing job around these parts. Lots of girls at BYU are editing minors; so the market is saturated. So my parents aren't going to be too thrilled with this decision. There reasoning is legit: In my college career, there have only been two terms I haven't worked. I've done really well both times, especially the second time. So working takes a toll on my grades, and my parents don't want me to work this semester. It's true my schedule doesn't have space for twenty hours a week to work.
I'm already pretty spread thin in my schedule as it is, but hear me out. (1) I need the experience; if I don't have experience in the editing field, I can't get a job. If I can't get a job, I can't support myself. A little sacrifice on the grades will result in a job. I think that's pretty argument on the side of getting a job. (2) I need the money; I haven't had a job that actually paid me in solid cash--not amenities--in three years. My parents might think that if I want to go to Grad school, I need better grades. They would be right. BUT my rebuttal would be, education isn't all about grades. Life itself is education too. Real world experience sometimes gives you more of an education than formal education. My parents might think I am going to squander the money I make. (I have been labeled their most worldly child.) Hopefully someday I can convince them I am a little better with my money today then I was in high school. That's all for today.
I'm already pretty spread thin in my schedule as it is, but hear me out. (1) I need the experience; if I don't have experience in the editing field, I can't get a job. If I can't get a job, I can't support myself. A little sacrifice on the grades will result in a job. I think that's pretty argument on the side of getting a job. (2) I need the money; I haven't had a job that actually paid me in solid cash--not amenities--in three years. My parents might think that if I want to go to Grad school, I need better grades. They would be right. BUT my rebuttal would be, education isn't all about grades. Life itself is education too. Real world experience sometimes gives you more of an education than formal education. My parents might think I am going to squander the money I make. (I have been labeled their most worldly child.) Hopefully someday I can convince them I am a little better with my money today then I was in high school. That's all for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment