So how did I do with my last enthymeme? Well, I ended up re-enthymeming. (Yes, I am making this word up.) I did justify not going with thinking about my exercising from another angle. In the morning, I thought to myself: WATCO going to exercise, when I am sick and didn't get any sleep last night, on my health? Since health is ultimately my goal with exercising, and going to exercise when I didn't get any sleep would just exacerbate my antithesis of health condition, I decided not to go. My re-enthymeming in the early hours of the morning led to this: Exercising while I am sick without getting any sleep the night before will decrease my health because exercising while I am sick without getting any sleep the night before will exhaust my body of the energy my body needs to repair itself. The implicit assumption: whatever will exhaust my body of the energy my body needs to repair itself also decreases my health.
Is this really the case? I don't know. I knew a man who insisted that exercising while sick was important because it sped up the recovery process. Speeding up the recovery process might mean that the individual exercising would get worse before they got better. I would have to do more research to support my enthymeme since there is still doubt about it, but that means it could be a good enthymeme because it is controversial.
Anchors in the Chaos: My Honest Monthly Habit Review
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment