I’ve been thinking about how much I love this stage of life; I love how great my parents are; I love how awesome my siblings are; I love my room roommate; in fact, I love all my roommates; I love my major; I love my schedule; I love being at BYU; I love meeting the most random and cool people ever at this university; I love that it’s still warm outside; I love how my life is so fluid—I can do anything I want at any time I want.
I was thinking this weekend about Nantucket. This place is a classic love in my life. Every summer while I was growing up, we would spend a week down on the island. By the time we were done, we’d be wind blown, burnt to a crisp, and vacationed out. Some years we were out in the sun so much I actually almost looked blond. I never used to put on sun screen; my mentality at the time—why would I want to take the time to put on sun screen when I could be out in the waves body surfing? Heck no. We’d body surf the waves all day long. One time we went to Nantucket the week after a hurricane. It was pretty sweet. The waves were near impossible, but that was the fun of it. We’d be tossed like rag dolls in a washing machine. Those were the days. Man, all this nostalgia is getting to me; I’ve got to get back there and ride those waves again.
No comments:
Post a Comment