Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ever since high school, I've had these random heart beats. It generally only happens once a year-ish. It's become more regular recently, and so when I went home for my surgery this summer, I had an EEG and EKG done. They told me what I already knew; I had a heart murmur, but it was nothing serious, and my heart walls are normal. I was still a little disconcerted about this result because I had been having these random heart beats more frequently. I ended up going to have a 24-hour holder monitor--nothing. Of course, the 24 hours I wore this machine, nothing of import happened--my heart only skipped a couple beats. I would be fine with that out come if these random heart beats hadn't been increasing like crazy these past few weeks since the 24 hour monitor. They've been pretty intense and consistent--more than I've ever had these random palpitations in the past.

I only have one hypothesis: I haven't been as physically inactive as I have been over this past year since . . . I was a baby? With my surgery this past summer and a sprained ankle last fall, my workouts have been limited. So my solution to this problem is to start working my heart out. If it's just a weak heart, it can always be strengthened.

No comments: