I learned today that people live in house boats on the docks of the Potomac River. Yes. I saw them—tonight, in fact. We were walking along the dock noticing the incredible amounts of flotsam (noun: floating wreckage of a ship or its cargo; broadly : floating debris [we'll use the broader sense here]) on the surface of the water as a result of hurricane Sandy. And then we saw them: houseboat people. They look just like normal people, but they live on the water. There they were, near their houses. And their abodes looked just like houses. Logistically speaking, I could buy a boat and rent a spot on the dock. I bet it's so much cheaper than any rental in the DC area. In fact, I am going to research it.
But before I buy my house boat and live on the dock in order to save millions, I should probably take classes on house boat care. Wouldn't want my house to sink in the middle of the night . . .
Anchors in the Chaos: My Honest Monthly Habit Review
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment