This is for Wednesday: I've spent some time talking to a friend recently who lost her mom three months ago. I don't like juxtaposing (transitive verb: : to place side by side) my happiness against a friend's pain to realize my good fortune. I think a proactive awareness of happiness is better than a passive comparison that leads to the same. But I couldn't help noticing how I came to this realization. I've had a taste of her hurt--a small one. The pain is constant and deep at first. Then it turns into rolling waves [emotional cramps :)]. Then it dissipates.
I thought to myself, "My soul is at peace right now, and I love my life. My heart and mind are calm. I am so, so grateful." It's amazing how happy (or relieved--I can't pinpoint it) that made me.
Anchors in the Chaos: My Honest Monthly Habit Review
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment