Friday, October 12, 2012

Heavily Recruit-ed

Thursday's little piece of happiness:

Andrea: "Ginette, we have an opening in our house. You should move to Boston. How many reasons would it take?"

Ginette: "One hundred and one. And I would need them to come in multiple media formats: Facebook, text, e-mail, carrier pigeon, flare, Morse code on sky strobe light . . . "

Andrea: "Okay, I'm on it: 1) my Bam It salad dressing . . ."

She is ever perspicacious (adj.: of acute mental vision or discernment).

_______________________________________________

E-mail in my inbox at 11:47 a.m.:

101 reasons why you should move in with us (don't judge me on starting this sentence with a number)

1. My Bam It salad seasoning
2. Cheap rent
3. Being close to your fam, causing cockle workouts
4. YouTube video parties
5. Brittany hunts
6. Brittany makes applesauce
7. Brittany, Dara, and Steph are awesome long-distance runners. I cheer well. :)
8. You'd get to ride in my sweet Toyota (150,000 and still kickin'!)
9. Boston's schools are slightly above average
10. Dara is the nicest person in the world
11. Stephanie has hot pants and a sweet movie collection
12. We would support you in wearing a sleeping bag around town for 4 months—you wouldn't even know it's winter
13. We live next to a river and near a lake that I swam in a month ago and am still alive
14. We're becoming friends with our neighbors who own a canoe and would let us borrow . . .
15. Dara cooks great veggies, Steph bakes, and Brittany grills. I cheer. It's delicious.

______________________________________________

Text my phone at 5:35 p.m.:






So much to look forward to.

No comments: