Monday, October 22, 2012

Chi

I've logically learned that stress in life is an opportunity. I can't say that as a blue and white personality I feel that way, but at least I think that way; that's a step.

I felt a type of stress today that I don't think I've ever felt before, and if I have, it's been brief and fleeting. Thank goodness for Wifi, YouTube, an iPhone, and earbuds. I had the slightest idea to find some musical medicine. I searched for Les Mis. "Bring Him Home" and listened to it on repeat for a little while. Laughter may be the best medicine, but music takes second place—at least it did today. It soothed my soul and centered my chi [noun: vital energy that is held to animate the body internally and is of central importance in some Eastern systems of medical treatment (as acupuncture) and of exercise or self-defense (as tai chi)]. Not every day is perfect, but it's beautiful that there are remedies so easily available through technology.

No comments: