One of my co-workers is particularly talented in handling people. Her aptitude for defusing potentially paroxysmal (adj.: sudden violent emotion or action : outburst) predicaments is astounding. I, on the other hand, find myself flopping around like a swordfish on firewood when the shadow of conflict presents itself.
She saw me struggling to resolve a volatile situation today. What was not obvious to me was very obvious to her, and while she watched me work, I knew she knew I didn't know what I as doing. Poorly handled on my part. So she took over, and not in a pedantic way. It was very gentle—of which I am grateful; I, like most people, have an ego. Then I got to see a master weave her artwork. No doubt I felt sheepish, but that's not a bad price to pay to learn at the feet of one of the best.
Anchors in the Chaos: My Honest Monthly Habit Review
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment